Terms of Service
Please read the following agreement carefully before using this website or any service there under.
YOUR ACCESS TO OR USE OF THE ASKME SERVICES AND/OR ASKME WEBSITE (AS DEFINED BELOW) CONSTITUTES YOUR ACCEPTANCE OF ALL THE PROVISIONS OF THESE TERMS OF SERVICE.
IF YOU ARE UNWILLING TO BE BOUND BY THESE TERMS OF SERVICE, DO NOT ACCESS OR USE THE ASKME SERVICES AND/OR ASKME WEBSITE.
By using the Askme Services (as defined below) which are owned and operated by GetIT Infomedia Limited ("Infomedia18") and by accessing the Askme Site located at http://www.askme.com, and all linked pages owned and operated by Infomedia18 (the "Askme Site"), you agree to be bound by these terms of service, as well as any other guidelines, rules and additional terms referenced herein, and all such guidelines, terms and rules are hereby incorporated herein by this reference (collectively, "Terms of Service"). Infomedia18's on-line services which are available at the Askme Site, among other things, offers online local search service that helps buyers quickly and conveniently find businesses and establishments while helping sellers improve the effectiveness of their marketing spends and as a business, (collectively "Askme Services") to know more about Askme Services, click here. When you access or use any of the Askme Services and/or the Askme Site you agree to be bound by these Terms of Service. These Terms of Service set out the legally binding terms with respect to your use of and our provision of the Askme Site and Askme Services. Please read these Terms of Service carefully.
Your are must be 18 or over, and you must be capable of entering into a binding contract in your jurisdiction to register as a member of Askme Site or use the Askme Site and/or Askme Services. If you are under the age of 18 or the applicable legal age in your jurisdiction, you can use the Askme Services only in conjunction with, and under the supervision of, your parent or guardian who has agreed to the Terms of Service. If you do not qualify, do not use the Service. By using the Askme Site and/or Askme Services, you represent and warrant that you have the right, authority, competency and capacity to enter into these Terms of Service and to abide by all of the terms and conditions set forth herein.
2. Changes to the Agreement or the Askme Services.
You agree and understand that these Terms of Service, the Askme Site and the Askme Services may be modified by Infomedia18 at any time without prior notice, and such modifications will be effective upon Infomedia18's posting of the new terms and/or upon implementation of the new changes on the Askme Site or Askme Services. You agree to review the Terms of Service periodically so that you are aware of any modifications. Your continued use of the Askme Services after any modifications indicates your acceptance of the modified Terms of Service. Unless expressly stated otherwise by Infomedia18, any new features, new services, enhancements or modifications to the Askme Services implemented after your initial access to the Service shall be subject to these Terms of Service.
3. Registration and Security.
In order to use or access some of the Askme Services, you may be required to register with Askme Site and to select a password and user name, which shall consist of an email address you own and use ("User ID"). If you register, you agree to provide Infomedia18 with accurate, complete, and updated registration information and update and rectify the same from time to time. Failure to do so shall constitute a breach of these Terms of Service, which may result in immediate termination of your account. You may not:
- enter, select or use a false name or an email address owned or controlled by another person with the intent to impersonate that person, or,
- use as a User ID a name subject to any rights of a person other than yourself without appropriate authorization. Infomedia18 reserves the right to refuse registration of, or cancel a User ID in its discretion. You shall be responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password and are fully responsible for all activities that occur under your User ID and password. Infomedia18 shall not be liable for any loss or damage arising from your failure to comply with the above requirements. Any User ID and password provided to you for your access to the Askme Services shall be for your personal use only. You agree to
- immediately notify Infomedia18 of any unauthorized use of your User ID or password, and
- ensure that you exit from your account at the end of each session.
4. Use of the Site/Services by Members.
You may search the Askme Site database for business and other listings, reviews and business contact information. You may invite people you know to join Askme Site. Infomedia18 does not control the information, data, reviews, text, sound, photographs, graphics, video, messages and other materials ("Content") posted or provided by third parties via the Askme Services or Askme Site, including the content of any business and/or establishment, and does not guarantee the accuracy, integrity or quality of such Content. You understand that by using the Askme Services you may be exposed to Content that is offensive, indecent or objectionable. Under no circumstances will Infomedia18 be liable in any way for any Content, including any errors or omissions in any Content, or any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of your posting or use of any Content. You are responsible for complying with all laws applicable to the Content you submit via the Askme Services. You agree that you must evaluate and bear all risks associated with the use or posting of any Content, including any reliance on the content, integrity, and accuracy of such Content.
By using the “Send to Phone” application/feature in the Askme Site you authorize us & our associate partners to send solicitation messages/service messages/ promotional messages to the mobile phone number provided by you in the Askme Site or call you to offer services.
All those sections in the Askme Services that invite user participation will contain views, opinion, suggestion, comments and other information provided by the general public, and Infomedia18 will at no point of time be responsible for the accuracy or correctness of such information. Infomedia18 reserves the absolute right to accept/reject information from readers and/or advertisements from advertisers and impose/relax Askme Services access rules and regulations for any user(s).
5. Restrictions on Rights to Use.
You shall not (and you agree not to allow any third party to):
- modify, adapt, translate, or reverse engineer any portion of the Askme Site and/or Askme Services;
- remove any copyright, trademark or other proprietary rights notices contained in or on the Askme Site and/or Askme Services;
- use any robot, spider, site search/retrieval application, or other device to retrieve or index any portion of the Askme Site and/or Askme Services;
- collect any information about other users or members (including but not limited to usernames and/or email addresses) for any purpose;
- reformat or frame any portion of the web pages that are part of the Askme Site and/or Askme Services;
- create user accounts by automated means or under false or fraudulent pretenses;
- create or transmit unwanted electronic communications such as "spam" to other users or members of the Askme Site and/or Askme Services or otherwise interfere with other user's or member's enjoyment of the Askme Site and/or Askme Services;
- submit any third party materials or Content without such third party's prior written consent;
- submit any Content or material that falsely express or imply that such Content or material is sponsored or endorsed by Infomedia18;
- submit any Content or material that infringes, misappropriates or violates the intellectual property, publicity, privacy or other proprietary rights of any party;
- transmit any viruses, worms, defects, Trojan horses or other items of a destructive nature;
- use of the Askme Site or Askme Services to violate the security of any computer network, crack passwords or security encryption codes, transfer or store illegal material including that are deemed threatening or obscene;
- copy or store any Content offered on the Askme Site for other than your own personal use and/or use the same for any other purpose (other than your own personal use) whether for commercial purposes or otherwise ;
- submit Content or materials that are unlawful or promote or encourage illegal activity;
- submit false or misleading information to Infomedia18 or at Askme Site;
- take any action that imposes, or may impose in our sole discretion, an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on our IT infrastructure;
- use the Askme Site and/ or Askme Services, intentionally or unintentionally, to violate any applicable local, state, national or international law; or
- collect or store personal data about other users in connection with the prohibited activities described in this paragraph.
6. Content Posted By You on the Askme Site.
You shall not post, distribute, or reproduce in any way any copyrighted material, trademarks, or other proprietary information without obtaining the prior written consent of the owner of such proprietary rights.
- You understand and agree that Infomedia18 reserve its right (but has no obligation) to review and delete/remove any Content, business or other listings, (including business name, address, phone, fax, distance, reviews, questions, answers, comments, plans, ideas, rating, reviews or like) that, in the sole judgment of GetIT Infomedia, violates these Terms of Service or which might be offensive, illegal, or that might violate the rights of, harm, or threaten the safety of other users or members of the Askme Site and/or other website users.
- You also understand and agree that Infomedia18 reserves the right to review, delete or remove any Content without any cause or liability.
- Notwithstanding anything to the contrary contained herein you are solely responsible for the any Content that you publish, upload, submit or display on the Askme Site or transmit to other members and/or other website users (hereinafter, "Posted Content").
- You are solely responsible for any Content submitted, posted or uploaded through your User ID on the Askme Site.
- You agree that you will only post Content that you believe to be true and you will not purposely provide false or misleading information.
- By posting Posted Content on the Askme Site, you agree to and hereby do grant, and you represent and warrant that you have the right to grant, Infomedia18, its contractors, and the users of the Askme Site an irrevocable, perpetual, exclusive, royalty-free, fully sub-licensable, fully paid up, worldwide license to use, copy, publicly perform, digitally perform, publicly display, and distribute such Posted Content and to prepare derivative works of, or incorporate into other works, such Posted Content and to otherwise exploit the same for commercial or other purposes.
- You should only provide Content which is in conformity with these Terms of Service.
- The following is a partial list of the kind of Content and communications that are illegal or prohibited on/through the Askme Site. Infomedia18 reserves the right to investigate and take appropriate legal action in its sole discretion against anyone who violates this provision, including without limitation, removing such Content and/or communication from the Askme Services and terminating the membership of such violators or blocking your/violators use of the Askme Services and/or Askme Site.
- You shall not post Content that:
- is false or intentionally misleading;
- is patently offensive, such as Content or messages that promotes racism, bigotry, hatred or physical harm of any kind against any group or individual;
- harasses or advocates harassment of another person;
- involves the transmission of unsolicited mass mailing or "spamming";
- promotes illegal activities or conduct that is abusive;
- is threatening, derogatory, indecent, obscene, defamatory or libelous;
- is pornographic or sexually explicit in nature; and
- seeks or recommends providers of material that exploits people under the age of 18 in a sexual or violent manner, or seeks or recommends providers that solicit personal information from anyone under 18 years of age.
- Otherwise illegal and/or immoral in any manner whatsoever.
7. Copyright Dispute Policy.
Infomedia18 has adopted the following general policy toward copyright infringement. The address of Infomedia18's Designated Agent to Receive Notification of Claimed Infringement ("Designated Agent") is provided at the bottom of this section.
- Infomedia18 Policy. It is Infomedia18's policy to
- block access to or remove material that it believes in good faith to be copyrighted material that has been illegally copied and distributed by any of our advertisers, affiliates, Content providers, members or users; and
- remove and discontinue service to repeat offenders.
If you believe that material or Content residing on or accessible through the Askme Site or Service infringes a copyright, please provide the following information to the Designated Agent listed below:
- A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright that has been allegedly infringed;
- Identification of works or materials being infringed;
- Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing including information regarding the location of the infringing materials that the copyright owner seeks to have removed, with sufficient detail so that Infomedia18 is capable of finding and verifying its existence;
- Complete contact information about the notifier including address, telephone number and, if available, email address;
- A statement that the notifier has a good faith belief that the material is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
- Upon Receipt of information pertaining to copyright infringement, Infomedia18 may disable access to and/or remove the infringing material
- If the Content provider, member or user believes that the material that was removed or to which access was disabled is either not infringing, or the Content provider, member or user believes that it has the right to post and use such material from the copyright owner, the copyright owner's agent, or pursuant to the law, the Content provider, member or user must send the following information to the Designated Agent listed below:
- A physical or electronic signature of the Content provider, member or user;
- Identification of the material that has been removed or to which access to has been disabled and the location at which the material appeared before it was removed or disabled;
- A statement that the Content provider, member or user has a good faith belief that the material was removed or disabled as a result of mistake or a misidentification of the material; and
- The Content provider's, member's or user's name, address, telephone number, and, if available, email address and a statement that such person or entity consents to the jurisdiction of the Court for the judicial district in which the Content provider's, member's or user's address is located, or if the Content provider's, member's or user's address is located outside India, for any judicial district in which Infomedia18 is located, and that such person or entity will accept service of process from the person who provided notification of the alleged infringement.
- If a counter-notice is received by the Designated Agent, Infomedia18 may send a copy of the counter-notice to the original complaining party informing that person that it may replace the removed material or cease disabling it in 10 business days. Unless the copyright owner files an action seeking a court order against the Content provider, member or user, the removed material may be replaced or access to it restored in 10 to 14 business days or more after receipt of the counter-notice, at Infomedia18's discretion. Please contact Infomedia18's Designated Agent to Receive Notification of Claimed Infringement at the following address: Copyright Agent, GetIT Infomedia Limited A-Wing, Ruby House, J K Sawant Marg, Dadar (West), Mumbai-400028 Email to: email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org
8. Privity of Contract with you.
If you enter into correspondence or engage in commercial transactions with third parties in connection with your use of the Askme Services, such activity is solely between you and the applicable third party. Infomedia18 shall have no liability, obligation or responsibility for any such activity. You hereby release Infomedia18 from all claims arising from such activity.
These Terms of Service will remain in full force and effect while you use the Askme Site and/or Askme Services. Either Party may terminate these Terms of Service for any reason, at any time. Sections 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 and 15 shall survive any termination or expiration of these Terms of Service.
Except for the Content submitted by members, advertisers or users, which are governed by the provisions contained elsewhere in this Terms of Service, the Askme Services the Askme Site and all aspects thereof, including all copyrights, trademarks, and other intellectual property or proprietary rights therein, is owned by Infomedia18 or its licensors. You acknowledge that the Askme Services and any underlying technology or software used in connection with the Askme Services contain Infomedia18's proprietary information. Shall not modify, reproduce, distribute, create derivative works of, publicly display or in any way exploit, any of the content, software, and/or materials available on the Askme Site, or Askme Services in whole or in part except as expressly provided in Infomedia18's policies and procedures made available via the Askme Services. Except as expressly and unambiguously provided herein, Infomedia18 and its suppliers do not grant you any express or implied rights, and all rights in the Askme Services not expressly granted by Infomedia18 to you are retained by Infomedia18.
12. Links to Third Party Sites
THE ASKME SITE AND ASKME SERVICE ARE PROVIDED BY INFOMEDIA18 ON AN "AS IS" BASIS. INFOMEDIA18 AND ITS LICENSORS AND AFFILIATES MAKE NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS, STATUTORY OR IMPLIED AS TO THE OPERATION OF THE ASKME SITE, ASKME SERVICES OR SOFTWARE OR THE INFORMATION, CONTENT, MATERIALS, OR PRODUCTS INCLUDED ON THE ASKME SITE OR IN ASSOCIATION WITH THE ASKME SERVICES. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMISSIBLE BY APPLICABLE LAW, INFOMEDIA18 AND ITS LICENSORS AND AFFILIATES DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS, STATUTORY, OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. INFOMEDIA18 AND ITS LICENSORS AND AFFILIATES FURTHER DO NOT WARRANT THE ACCURACY OR COMPLETENESS OF THE INFORMATION, TEXT, GRAPHICS, LINKS OR OTHER ITEMS CONTAINED WITHIN THE ASKME SITE. INFOMEDIA18 SHALL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE IN ANY MANNER FOR THE CONDUCT, OF ANY USER OF THE ASKME SITE OR ASKME SERVICES. INFOMEDIA18 DOES NOT WARRANT OR COVENANT THAT THE ASKME SERVICES WILL BE AVAILABLE AT ANY TIME OR FROM ANY PARTICULAR LOCATION, WILL BE SECURE OR ERROR-FREE, THAT DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED, OR THAT THE ASKME SERVICES IS FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER POTENTIALLY HARMFUL COMPONENTS. ANY MATERIAL OR CONTENT DOWNLOADED OR OTHERWISE OBTAINED THROUGH THE USE OF THE ASKME SERVICES IS ACCESSED AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION AND RISK AND YOU WILL BE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR COMPUTER SYSTEM OR LOSS OF DATA THAT RESULTS FROM THE DOWNLOAD OF ANY SUCH MATERIAL. NO ADVICE OR INFORMATION, WHETHER ORAL OR WRITTEN, OBTAINED BY ANY USER FROM INFOMEDIA18, THE ASKME SITE OR THROUGH OR FROM THE ASKME SERVICES SHALL CREATE ANY WARRANTY NOT EXPRESSLY STATED HEREIN. INFOMEDIA18 SHALL NOT LIABLE FOR ANY KIND OF DAMAGES, LOSSES OR ACTION ARISING DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, DUE TO ACCESS AND/OR USE OF THE CONTENT IN THE ASKME SERVICES INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY DECISIONS BASED ON CONTENT IN THE ASKME SERVICES RESULTING IN LOSS OF DATA, REVENUE, PROFITS, PROPERTY, INFECTION BY VIRUSES ETC.
14. Limitation on Liability.
INFOMEDIA18shall not be liable for any failure to perform its obligations hereunder where such failure results from any cause beyond INFOMEDIA18's reasonable control, including, without limitation, mechanical, electronic or communications failure or degradation (including "line-noise" interference). WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, INFOMEDIA18 AND ITS AFFILIATES AND SUPPLIERS WILL NOT BE LIABLE UNDER ANY THEORY OF LAW, FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, PUNITIVE, AND CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO LOSS OF PROFITS, BUSINESS INTERRUPTION, AND/OR LOSS OF INFORMATION OR DATA. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS AND EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. NOTWITHSTANDING ANYTHING TO THE CONTRARY CONTAINED HEREIN, INFOMEDIA18'S MAXIMUM AGGREGATE LIABILITY TO YOU FOR ANY CAUSES WHATSOEVER, AND REGARDLESS OF THE FORM OF ACTION, WILL AT ALL TIMES BE LIMITED TO THE GREATER OF (i) THE AMOUNT PAID, IF ANY, BY YOU TO INFOMEDIA18 FOR THE ASKME SERVICES IN THE 12 MONTHS PRIOR TO THE ACTION GIVING RISE TO LIABILITY OR (ii) INR 1,000/-.
You agree to indemnify and hold infomedia18, its parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, officers and employees, harmless, including costs and attorneys' fees, from any claim or demand made by any third party due to or arising out of (i) your access to the Askme Site, (ii) your use of the Askme Services, (iii) the violation of these Terms of Service by you, or (iv) the infringement by you, or any third party using your account or User ID or password, of any intellectual property or other right of any person or entity.
The terms of this agreement are exclusively based on and subject to Indian law. You hereby irrevocably consent to the exclusive jurisdiction and venue of courts in Mumbai, Maharashtra, India in all disputes arising out of or relating to the use of this website. Use of this website is unauthorized in any jurisdiction that does not give effect to all provisions of these terms and conditions, including without limitation this paragraph.
18. Contact and Violations.
Askme is a proprietary registered trade mark of GetIT Infomedia Limited.
If you have a question related to Askme, feel free to call our customer support helpline on
022 - 4348 4545(10 am to 6 pm - Monday to Friday).
Alternatively, you can reach us via email on